- game npc: hero!! you must save the world from certain destruction!! we have no time left!!
- me: k
- me: [changes outfit, does three minor quests, changes outfit again, upgrades outfit, does seven more minor quests, runs around punching chickens, changes outfit, completes an entirely separate questline, plays a different video game altogether, changes outfit in real life, plays first videogame again]
- me: okay im ready to save the world
- game npc: please hurry hero!!
- me: actually hold on
- me: [changes outfit]
if u do not reblog in 5 seconds u will be sent 2 eternal skeleton hell and be haunted by this seemingly harmless skeleton. don’t risk it!!1
Wow this anti-skeleton sentiment is appalling and uncalled for, this skeleton is fighting to free the skeleton in all of us.
All Power to the Skeletal Legion
1. SKELETON WARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
2. Fuck yeah Ray Harryhausen!
I’m scared of people who look at someone like Zoe Quinn, an individual who makes free indie games, or Anita Sarkeesian, an individual who makes free YouTube videos, and honestly think that these women are a powerful “corrupt” force taking away the freedom of the vast mob of angry young male gamers and the billion-dollar industry that endlessly caters to them, and that working to shut them up and drive them out somehow constitutes justice. The dominant demographic voice in some given fandom or scene feeling attacked by an influx of new, different fans and rallying the troops against “oppression” in reaction is not at all unique. It happens everywhere, all the time.
But let’s be honest: It’s usually guys doing it. Our various “culture wars” tend to boil down to one specific culture war, the one about men wanting to feel like Real Men and lashing out at the women who won’t let them. Whenever men feel like masculinity is under attack, men get dangerous. Because that’s exactly what masculinity teaches you to do, what masculinity is about. Defending yourself with disproportionate force against any loss of power? That’s what masculinity is."
- Me: *playing Tomb Raider*
- Grandmother who is visiting for the weekend: Mind if I sit with you?
- Me: *squirming slightly because there is gore and swearing in this game and my grandmother is a sweet old lady: Um, if you want to.
- Grandmother: *sits* Thank you, dear.
- Me: *continuing to play for about five minutes*
- Grandmother: LOOK OUT THERE ARE THREE COMING DOWN THE HILL
- Grandmother: THAT WAS POINT BLANK HOW ARE THEY ALIVE
- Grandmother: OOOHH YOU MADE THAT EXPLODE
- Grandmother: STOP KILLING MY GRANDDAUGHTER
- Grandmother: KILL THEM KILL THEM ALL
- Grandmother: OHHHHH YOU SHOT HIM IN THE HEAD OHHHHHHHHH
- Grandmother: RUN RUN RUN YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE RUN
- Grandmother: OKAY NOW KILL THEM ALL
- Me: *slowly turns to look at her* Grandma
- Grandmother: *sweet smile* Hmm?
- Me: Grandma oh my god
- Grandmother: *more smiling* Well, hurry up and kill everyone else, I want to see you save this Sam person.
- Grandmother: Kill them.